Pakistan is a country with gifted talent and a youth with tremendous potential to achieve great accomplishments in the fields of science and education. But not all people are lucky as sometimes some of the brightest students have to dropout from their universities due to lack of resources and poor financial conditions. In order to prevent such misfortunes, the government of Pakistan has directed the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to provide financial assistance to the deserving and meritorious students of the country by offering them Need Based Scholarships.
This scholarship program is aimed to provide opportunities to the talented youth of the country by helping them pursue quality education and removing their financial constraints by elevating their socio-economic status.
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has also put great emphasis on providing equal opportunities to students of remote underprivileged areas of Pakistan which primarily include:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Southern Punjab
- Northern Sindh)
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir
HEC Need Based Scholarship — At a glance
Here’s a quick overview of the HEC Need Based Scholarship:
- Number of overall scholarships offered: 10,000
- Number of universities selected by HEC for Need Based Scholarship: 61 public sector universities
What does HEC Need Based Scholarship cover?
A good question. 🙂 Here’s what this scholarship would cover for you (as stated by HEC on their website):
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
** In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete duration of their program.
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level (4 and 5 years) in all disciplines at HEC selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions (including Medicine (MBBS / BDS) and Pharm-D).
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
For more on eligibility for this scholarship, please check here.
For details regarding the selection process (how applications are reviewed and what determines the selection of a student in this scholarship), please check here.
List of selected Universities for HEC Need Based Scholarship
Here’s a complete list of universities on-board (eligible) for this scholarship:
- University of Balochistan, Quetta
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta
- University of Turbat, Turbat
- Baluchistan University of Engineering & Technology, Khuzdar
- Baluchistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences, Quetta
- Lasbela University of Agriculture Water & Marine Science, Uthal
List of Medical Universities / Colleges eligible for HEC Need Based Scholarships:
- Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan
- Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
- University of Health Science, Lahore
- King Edward Medical University, Lahore
- Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro
- Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi
- People University of Medical Health Sciences For Women, Nawabshah (Benazirabad)
- Shaheed Muhtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
For complete list of “non-medical” universities eligible for HEC Need Based Scholarship, please check here.
HEC Need Based Scholarship — Application Form Download
The HEC Need Based Scholarship application consists of three forms as seen below:
If you have any questions regarding HEC Need Based Scholarship, please let us know by using the comment box below. Thank you! 🙂