In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that, we share the free PDF download of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Access physical assessment techniques in a flash—anytime, anywhere!
This concise and trusted reference provides authoritative guidance on how to perform the patient interview, physical examination, and other core assessments as well as how to apply clinical reasoning and use shared decision-making in a quick-reference format—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence.
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking includes illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination in an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. This highly regarded pocket guide also covers special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
Features of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and other relevant information.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5.
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; current information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more provide essential clinical updates.
- New life-cycle content includes an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
Lynn S. Bickley MD FACP (Author)
Dr. Lynn Bickley is a dermatologist in Chestertown, MD and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Chestertown and University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton. She received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and has been in practice 32 years.
Dr. Bickley accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. She is one of 4 doctors at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Chestertown and one of 3 doctors at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton who specialize in Dermatology.
- Peter G. Szilagyi, MD, MPH
Professor of Pediatrics and Executive Vice-Chair
Department of Pediatrics
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
Los Angeles, California
- Richard M. Hoffman, MD, MPH, FACP
Professor of Internal Medicine and Epidemiology
Director, Division of General Internal Medicine
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, Iowa
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
- Foundations for Clinical Proficiency
- Evaluating Clinical Evidence
- Interviewing and the Health History
- Beginning the Physical Examination: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
- Behavior and Mental Status
- The Skin, Hair, and Nails
- The Head and Neck
- The Thorax and Lungs
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Breasts and Axillae
- The Abdomen
- The Peripheral Vascular System
- Male Genitalia and Hernias
- Female Genitalia
- The Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Nervous System
- Assessing Children: Infancy through Adolescence
- The Pregnant Woman
- The Older Adult
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
- Book Name: Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Edition : 8th Edition | | ISBN : 9781496338488
- Author Name: Lynn S. Bickley MD FACP
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 454 Pages
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 21 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.