Today, in this blog post we are going to share with you viva questions of Special Pathology so that all those who are preparing to appear in the oral exam can advance their preparations. These special pathology viva questions have been collected from the 4th year MBBS students (batch 2013-14) of Bolan Medical College, Quetta. We hope that you people find this blog post useful in your viva preparations! 🙂
Best of luck! 🙂
Special Pathology Viva Questions of 4th Year MBBS
Before jumping to the viva questions, here’s a quick overview of the 4th year MBBS Special Pathology syllabus (source: Pathoma):
- Red Blood Cell Disorders
- White Blood Cell Disorders
- Vascular Pathology
- Cardiac Pathology
- Respiratory Tract Pathology
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Exocrine Pancreas, Gallbladder, and Liver Pathology
- Kidney and Urinary Tract Pathology
- Female Genital System and Gestational Pathology
- Male Genital System Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Breast Pathology
- Central Nervous System Pathology
- Musculoskeletal Pathology
- Skin Pathology
Alright, below are the special pathology viva questions: 🙂
Thalassemia (and its investigations, treatment, and management)
Liver function test
Kidney (Lab tests for assessing kidney function)
Medullary carcinoma of the breast
All Blood Counts (Haemoglobin Count, RBC Count, WBC Count, Platelets Count)
Diseases caused as a result of blood transfusion
Mismatched transfusion reactions
Sickle cell anemia
Types of cells in the blood
Fibrocystic changes in breast
Minimal change disease
Complications of diabetes
What is urea?
Level of blood urea
All questions regarding last Pathochemical practicals
- DNA typing
- Chronic cholecystitis
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Bone tumors
- Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Reed Sternberg cells and its types
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Serum ferritin normal value
- Chronic cholecystitis
- Cushing ulcers
- Lung cancers
- Diabetes complications
- Cushing syndrome
- Chronic pyelonephritis
- Thalassemia alpha beta
- Tumors of lungs, breast, ovary
- LDL, HDL, jaundice, iron deficiency anemia
- Functions of the spleen
- Cause of splenomegaly
- Types of Plasmodium
- Test of thalassemia
- Chemical pathology, serum levels of different elements like Ferratin, cholesterol, creatinine kinase, troponin, glucose, urea.
- Normal ferritin
- Acute & chronic hepatitis different. And types of enzymes which are raised in them.
- What is ALT
- Liver enzymes
- Serum electrolytes
- Fibroid uterus.
- Ovarian tumors.
- Mature & immature teratoma d/f.
- Liver cirrhosis & clinical features.
- Thyroid storm
- Bronchial or lung carcinoma.
- Male tumors
- What are multiple fibroids?
- D/f b/w pneumonia & pneumoconiosis.
- Difference between Restrictive and obstructive lung disease
- What are premalignant lesions (scc,bcc,malignant melanoma)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Testicular tumor classification (seminoma, teratoma are important)
That’s all! 🙂
If you would like to contribute to this blog post, please drop us your special pathology viva questions below and we will add them here.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 🙂