In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At the Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF:
When employed as a substitute for real clinical time, simulation scenarios have proven effective in bridging the gap between theory and practice. This acclaimed text for nursing faculty provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on all aspects of clinical simulation. Appropriate for all levels of nursing students, from pre-licensure to doctoral level, the book contains the authors’ own advice and experiences working in simulation around the globe.
For the third edition, 20 new scenarios have been added, for a total of 57. All scenarios have been updated to adhere to best-practice simulation standards for design, facilitator and participant criteria, interprofessional criteria, and debriefing processes. Scenarios are presented in a structured format that includes objectives, pre-scenario checklists, implementation plans, evaluation criteria, debriefing guidelines, and recommendations for further use. A template for creating scenarios spans the text and includes student preparation materials, forms to enhance the realness of the scenario, and checklists for practice assessment and evaluation.
This comprehensive resource covers geriatric, pediatric, trauma, obstetric, and community-based patient scenarios. This revised edition includes scenarios easily adaptable to an instructor’s own lab, an international perspective, and a section on graduate nursing education.
Features of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Includes information on how to integrate simulation into curricula
- Addresses conceptual and theoretical foundations of simulation in nursing education, including an expanded chapter on the Framework for Simulation Learning in Nursing Education
- Includes a wide variety of practical scenarios in ready-to-use format with instructions
- Provides a template for scenario development
- Delivers recommendations for integration of point-of-care decision-making tools
- Offers opportunities for enhancing complexity and incorporating interprofessional competencies
Updates in the 3rd Edition:
- 20 brand new scenarios in anesthesia, midwifery, pediatric, disaster, and other specialty-focused situations, plus five new chapters
- Updated to encompass new simulation pedagogy including best-practice standards
- New scenarios easily adapted to an instructor’s own lab
- Interprofessional and international scenarios focused on areas of global concern: obstetric hemorrhage, neonatal hypoglycemia, and deteriorating patients
Suzanne Campbell (Author)
Suzanne Hetzel Campbell, PhD, APRN-C, IBCLC, is Director and Associate Professor at University of British Columbia School of Nursing. She specializes in women’s health issues and the interface between nursing education and technology (specifically in online learning and simulation laboratories). She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, a Woman’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner, and a member of Sigma Theta Tau. In 2006, she managed the successful application of an HRSA grant for the School of Nursing, gaining nearly $468,000 over three years to help in evaluating simulation activities and directs school of nursing learning resource center. She is a frequent author in peer-reviewed journals and in nursing education books. She received the AJN Book of the Year Award for the second edition of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators. Karen Daley, PhD, RN, is Dean and Associate Professor at Davenport University School of Nursing.
Before joining Davenport in 2011, Dr. Daley was Nursing Program Coordinator at Western Connecticut State University, School of Nursing, where she was instrumental in implementing a Human Patient Simulation Program. She specializes in medical-surgical nursing issues and simulation teaching strategies. She gained her doctorate in 2005 from Rutgers. She has published a number of peer-reviewed journal papers and presents at the major nursing meetings. She is a member Sigma Theta Tau, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, the Simulation Users Network, Eastern Nursing Research Society, and NLN. For several years she was a staff RN at various hospitals. She received the AJN Book of the Year Award for the second edition of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF:
PART I: SETTING THE FOUNDATION FOR SIMULATION
1. Simulation-Focused Pedagogy for Nursing Education
2. Framework for Simulation Learning in Nursing Education
3. Integrating Simulation-Focused Pedagogy Into Curriculum
4. Teaching and Evaluating Therapeutic Communication in Simulated Scenarios
5. Innovative Approaches to Simulation-Based Faculty Development
6. Building and Maintaining a Learning Resource Center
7. Lights, Camera, Action! The Process of Evaluating, Acquiring, and Implementing an Audiovisual Capturing Solution to Enhance Learning
8. Integration of Disability in Nursing Education With Standardized Patients
9. IV Simulation Curriculum Development
PART II: INNOVATIVE NURSING SCENARIOS IN DIVERSE SETTINGS FOR DIVERSE STUDENTS
10. Tune Into Simulation Through Physical Examination Using Your Five Senses
11. Postoperative Care Following Appendectomy
12. Medical–Surgical Skill-Based Scenarios
13. Acute Management of Respiratory Distress in the Adult Patient
14. Trauma Resuscitation
15. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
16. The Use of Simulation in the Recognition and Response of the Rapidly Deteriorating Patient
17. Medication Administration
18. Obstetric Emergency: Postpartum Hemorrhage
19. Perinatal Grief: Threatened Spontaneous Abortion
20. High-Risk Infant of a Diabetic Mother: Hypoglycemia
21. Pediatric Nursing Care Clinical Simulation Scenarios for Prelicensure Students
22. Preparing Prelicensure Nursing Students for Clinical Practice in Pediatric Acute Care Settings and Interprofessional In Situ Simulation
23. Developmental Assessment and Communication With Pediatric Patients and Their Families
24. Care of an Older Adult With Congestive Heart Failure
25. The Older Adult in an ICU With Acute Respiratory Failure: Critical Care Nursing Senior-Year Elective
26. Communication With an Elderly Client
27. Discharge Teaching for an Immigrant Woman With Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation
28. End-of-Life Scenario With Limited-English-Proficiency Patients
29. QSEN CAROUSEL for First-Year Nursing Students
30. Assessing a Patient With a Mood Disorder
31. Diabetes Management: Nurse Practitioners
32. Assessment and Differential Diagnosis of the Patient Presenting With Chest Pain
33. Abdominal Pain in a Woman of Childbearing Age: A Trauma-Informed Care Approach
34. Primary Care Patients With Gastrointestinal Problems: Graduate Program Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
35. Using Simulation to Enhance Emotional Intelligence in Nurse Anesthesia Students
36. Critical Care/Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner: Aortic Emergencies
PART III: INTERDISCIPLINARY AND INTERPROFESSIONAL SCENARIOS
37. Placental Abruption After Motor Vehicle Accident: An Interprofessional Simulation
38. Interprofessional End-of-Life Care of a Teenager
39. Interdisciplinary Education in Simulation: Bridging the Gap Between Academic and Career Competencies
40. Cardiovascular Resuscitation: Code Simulation for Health Care Students
41. Multiple Patient Medical–Surgical Scenario
42. SIMCamp: Trauma Simulation, Rapid-Cycle Deliberate Practice Team Training
43. Teaching Quality, Safety, and Process Improvement Through Root Cause Analysis Simulation
44. Student-Generated Scenarios for Senior Simulation Day
45. Assessing for Elder Abuse: The Importance of Interprofessional Collaboration
46. Post-Concussion Syndrome
47. Integrating Telehealth in a Simulated Multidisciplinary Rural Health Simulation
48. Interprofessional Team Simulation: Pediatric Rapid Sequence Intubation in Respiratory Failure Due to Severe Bronchiolitis
49. Prevention and Management of Operating Room Fires
50. Teaching and Learning Experiences on Safe Patient Transfers by Occupational Therapy and Nursing Students
51. Professional Integrity in Interdisciplinary Simulation: Creating Workforce Relationships in Occupational Therapy and Nursing
52. Interprofessional Disaster Simulation
PART IV: THE SIMULATION JOURNEY CONTINUES
53. Learning to Write Like a Nurse in Clinical Simulations
54. How to Assess Our Own Expertise: Certification and Accreditation
55. Publishing Your Simulation Work
56. Final Words of Wisdom on Simulation
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF:
- Publication Date: October 26, 2017
- Page Count: 708
- Product Form: Paperback/softback
- ISBN: 13 9780826119360
Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 4.12 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators 3rd Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.