In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At the Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF:
Considered the cornerstone text in almost every dental hygiene education program in the country, Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, 12e helps students develop the knowledge and skills they need for successful, evidence-based practice in today’s rapidly changing oral health care environment. Written by one of the preeminent voices in dental hygiene education, the book progresses through crucial topics in dental hygiene in a straightforward, outline format, making information easy to locate, understand, and reference.
To help readers prepare for effective, culturally sensitive practice, six sections of the 12th Edition conform to the Dental Hygiene Process of Care: Assessment, Diagnosis, Care Planning, Implementation, Education, and, new to this edition, Documentation. Updated and revised throughout, this edition includes new material on motivational interviewing, risk assessment, and alternate practice settings, and is enhanced by new clinically relevant color photos, and real-world examples.
Features of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- A detailed outline format makes information easier to locate and is ideal for students preparing for Licensure Board examinations.
- Step-by-step instructions cover all aspects of dental hygiene from radiologic diagnosis and technique to treating patients with special needs and medical/dental areas of concern, such as infectious diseases, allergic reactions, blood disorders, and medications.
- Everyday Ethics boxes give students an opportunity to explore the types of clinical problems they are likely to encounter in real-life practice.
- Factors to Teach the Patient boxes cover topics of interest when teaching patients, family members, and the community self-care and responsibility for oral health.
- In-depth coverage of Documentation includes example documentation notes written in the SOAP notes format, demonstrating the importance of including such notes in each patient’s permanent record.
- Chapter-opening Outlines provide an at-a-glance overview and help readers locate specific topics quickly.
- Chapter-opening Learning Objectives provide a road map to important information that must be mastered.
- Key Words boxes identify spelling and define new vocabulary terms in context. Each key word is listed in the index to facilitate quick reference to all definitions.
- New Enhance Your Understanding boxes identify all print and digital resources available by chapter, including the hands-on Workbook, online learning tools on thePoint, and PrepU adaptive quizzing.
- Updated section on Documentation as a part of the Dental Hygiene Process of Care, this brings the clinical care of a patient full circle.
- New coverage of motivational interviewing shows students how to use this proven communication method to elicit and strengthen the patient’s intrinsic motivation to work toward positive change in oral health.
- Updated content on Risk Assessment for Oral Disease added to Chapters 12, 19, and 27 prepares readers for this key aspect of effective practice.
- New clinically relevant color photos and real world examples help readers connect what they’re learning to practice.
- New information on alternative practice settings prepares readers for successful practice.
Esther M. Wilkins (Author)
Clinical Professor, Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF:
Section I: ORIENTATION TO CLINICAL DENTAL HYGIENE PRACTICE
Chapter 1 The Professional Dental Hygienist
Chapter 2 Evidenced-Based Dental Hygiene Practice
Chapter 3 Effective Health Communication
Section II: PREPARATION FOR DENTAL HYGIENE PRACTICE
Chapter 4 Infection Control: Transmissible Diseases
Chapter 5 Exposure Control: Barriers for Patient and Clinician
Chapter 6 Infection Control: Clinical Procedures
Chapter 7 Patient Reception and Ergonomic Practice
Chapter 8 Emergency Care
Section III: DOCUMENTATION
Chapter 9 Documentation for Dental Hygiene Care
Section IV: ASSESSMENT
Chapter 10 Personal, Dental, and Medical Histories”
Chapter 11 Vital Signs
Chapter 12 Extraoral and Intraoral Examination
Chapter 13 Dental Radiographic Imaging
Chapter 14 Study Models
Chapter 15 Dental Biofilm and Other Soft Deposits
Chapter 16 The Teeth
Chapter 17 The Occlusion
Chapter 18 The Periodontium
Chapter 19 Periodontal Disease Development
Chapter 20 Periodontal Examination
Chapter 21 Calculus
Chapter 22 Dental Stains and Discolorations
Chapter 23 Indices and Scoring Methods
Section V: DENTAL HYGIENE DIAGNOSIS AND CARE PLANNING
Chapter 24 Planning for Dental Hygiene Care
Chapter 25 The Dental Hygiene Care Plan
Section VI: IMPLEMENTATION: PREVENTION
Chapter 26 Preventive Counseling and Behavior Change
Chapter 27 Protocols for Prevention and Control of Dental Caries
Chapter 28 Toothbrushes and Toothbrushing
Chapter 29 Interdental Care and Irrigation
Chapter 30 Dentifrices and Mouthrinses
Chapter 31 The Patient with Orthodontic Appliances
Chapter 32 Care of Dental Prostheses
Chapter 33 The Patient with Dental Implants
Chapter 34 The Patient Who Uses Tobacco
Chapter 35 Diet and Dietary Analysis
Chapter 36 Fluorides
Chapter 37 Sealants
Section VII: IMPLEMENTATION: TREATMENT
Chapter 38 Anxiety and Pain Control
Chapter 39 Instruments and Principles for Instrumentation
Chapter 40 Nonsurgical Periodontal Instrumentation
Chapter 41 Nonsurgical Periodontal Therapy: Supplemental Care Procedures
Chapter 42 Acute Periodontal Conditions
Chapter 43 Sutures and Dressings
Chapter 44 Dentin Hypersensitivity
Chapter 45 Extrinsic Stain Removal
Chapter 46 Tooth Bleaching
Section VIII: EVALUATION
Chapter 47 Principles of Evaluation
Chapter 48 Continuing Care
Section IX: PATIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Chapter 49 The Pregnant Patient & Infant
Chapter 50 The Pediatric Patient
Chapter 51 The Patient with a Cleft Lip and/or Palate
Chapter 52 The Patient with Endocrine Disorder or Hormonal Change
Chapter 53 The Older Adult Patient
Chapter 54 The Edentulous Patient
Chapter 55 The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Patient
Chapter 56 The Patient with Cancer
Chapter 57 The Patient with a Disability
Chapter 58 Dental Hygiene Care in Alternative Settings
Chapter 59 The Patient with a Physical Impairment
Chapter 60 The Patient with a Sensory Impairment
Chapter 61 The Patient with a Developmental or Behavioral Disorder
Chapter 62 Family Abuse and Neglect
Chapter 63 The Patient with a Seizure Disorder
Chapter 64 The Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder
Chapter 65 The Patient with a Substance-Related Disorder
Chapter 66 The Patient with a Respiratory Disease
Chapter 67 The Patient with a Cardiovascular Disease
Chapter 68 The Patient with a Blood Disorder
Chapter 69 The Patient with Diabetes Mellitus
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF:
Hardcover: 1296 pages
Publisher: LWW; Twelfth edition (January 13, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 9 x 2 x 11.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.6 pounds
Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 64.7 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.