In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF:
Over the past three decades, more and more nursing educators have turned to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing for its accurate and up-to-date coverage of the latest trends, hot topics, and clinical developments in the field of medical-surgical nursing ― and the new ninth edition is no exception! Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Sharon Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing, 9th Edition offers the same easy-to-read style that students have come to love, along with the timely and thoroughly accurate content that educators have come to trust. Completely revised and updated content explores patient care in various clinical settings and focuses on key topics such as prioritization, critical thinking, patient safety, and NCLEX® exam preparation. Best of all ― a complete collection of interactive student resources creates a more engaging learning environment to prepare you for clinical practice.
Features of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Highly readable format gives you a strong foundation in medical-surgical nursing.
- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that the information is comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- Bridge to NCLEX Examination review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce key content while helping you prepare for the NCLEX examination with both standard and alternate item format questions.
- UNIQUE! “Levels of Care” approach explains how nursing care varies for different levels of health and illness.
- More than 50 comprehensive nursing care plans in the book and online incorporate NIC,
- NOC, and current NANDA diagnoses, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, specific nursing interventions with rationales, evaluation criteria, and collaborative problems.
- Over 800 full-color illustrations and photographs clearly demonstrate disease processes and related anatomy and physiology.
- NEW! Unfolding case studies included throughout each assessment chapter help you apply important concepts and procedures to real-life patient care.
- NEW! Managing Multiple Patients case studies at the end of each section give you practice applying your knowledge of various disorders and help you prioritize and delegate patient care.
- NEW! Informatics boxes discuss how technology is used by nurses and patients in health care settings.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of evidence-based practice helps you understand how to apply the latest research to real-life patient care.
- NEW! Expanded Safety Alerts throughout the book cover surveillance for high-risk situations.
- NEW! Separate chapter on genetics expands on this key topic that impacts nearly every condition with a focus on the practical application to nursing care of patients.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of delegation includes additional Delegation Decisions boxes covering issues such as hypertension and postoperative patient care.
- NEW! Genetic Risk Alerts and Genetic Link headings highlight specific genetic issues related to body system assessments and disorders.
- NEW! Revised art program enhances the book’s visual appeal and lends a more contemporary look throughout.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF:
Section 1 – Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Professional Nursing Practice
- Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care
- Health History and Physical Examination
- Patient and Caregiver Teaching
- Chronic Illness and Older Adults
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Stress and Stress Management
- Sleep and Sleep Disorders
- Palliative Care at End of Life
- Addictive Behaviors
Section 2 – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
- Inflammation and Wound Healing
- Genetics and Genomics
- Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation
- Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section 3 – Perioperative Care
- Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Postoperative Care
Section 4 – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
- Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems
- Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems
- Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System
- Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems
- Nursing Management: Burns
Section 5 – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
- Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System
- Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems
- Nursing Management: Lower Respiratory Problems
- Nursing Management: Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section 6 – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
- Nursing Assessment: Hematologic System
- Nursing Management: Hematologic Problems
Section 7 – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
- Nursing Assessment: Cardiovascular System
- Nursing Management: Hypertension
- Nursing Management: Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Nursing Management: Heart Failure
- Nursing Management: Dysrhythmias
- Nursing Management: Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders
- Nursing Management: Vascular Disorders
Section 8 – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
- Nursing Assessment: Gastrointestinal System
- Nursing Management: Nutritional Problems
- Nursing Management: Obesity
- Nursing Management: Upper Gastrointestinal Problems
- Nursing Management: Lower Gastrointestinal Problems
- Nursing Management: Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section 9 – Problems of Urinary Function
- Nursing Assessment: Urinary System
- Nursing Management: Renal and Urologic Problems
- Nursing Management: Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section 10 – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
- Nursing Assessment: Endocrine System
- Nursing Management: Diabetes Mellitus
- Nursing Management: Endocrine Problems
- Nursing Assessment: Reproductive System
- Nursing Management: Breast Disorders
- Nursing Management: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Nursing Management: Female Reproductive Problems
- Nursing Management: Male Reproductive Problems
Section 11 – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
- Nursing Assessment: Nervous System
- Nursing Management: Acute Intracranial Problems
- Nursing Management: Stroke
- Nursing Management: Chronic Neurologic Problems
- Nursing Management: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Nursing Management: Peripheral Nerve and Spinal Cord Problems
- Nursing Assessment: Musculoskeletal System
- Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery
- Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Problems
- Nursing Management: Arthritis and Connective Tissue Diseases
Section 12 – Nursing Care in Specialized Settings
- Nursing Management: Critical Care
- Nursing Management: Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple
- Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
- Nursing Management: Respiratory Failure and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Nursing Management: Emergency, Terrorism, and Disaster Nursing
- Appendix A. Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
Appendix B. Nursing Diagnoses
Appendix C. Laboratory Reference Intervals
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF:
- Hardcover: 1824 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 9th edition (December 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323086780
- ISBN-13: 978-0323086783
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 3 x 11.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.9 pounds
Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 239 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.