Pharmacology, as we know, is one of the most difficult subjects that you are ever going to deal with as a medical student. Memorizing (or “cramming” should I say 😀 ) classification of drugs would numb your mind and you will forget everything right after a few hours after each study session. And this isn’t it! 😀 You have to deal with drugs mechanism of action, indications, contraindications and adverse effects (tons of them) which are so similar that it becomes hard to remember specific ones. Tough and boring I know, but nevertheless, Pharmacology is a very important subject. You will only be able to prescribe a drug if you have a clear understanding regarding all of its clinical background or else you might end up risking your patient’s life. Now in this article, we are going to share with you Katzung Pharmacology PDF (also known as Basic and Clinical Pharmacology by Bertram G. Katzung & Anthony J. Trevor). It is the best-selling medical book for clinical pharmacology. We hope that all medical students and healthcare professionals reading this blog post would find this book useful in their studies. 🙂
Katzung Pharmacology PDF or the Basic and Clinical Pharmacology offers comprehensive text to help you develop crystal clear concepts regarding the clinical use of drugs. You will be able to access 400 colorful illustrations depicting mechanism of action of drugs and their adverse effects. The high-yield tables and pearls add even more to student’s overall learning experience thus making this book a must-have for those who want to master Pharmacology. 🙂
Features of Katzung Pharmacology (Basic and Clinical Pharmacology)
Below are a few quick features offered inside the Katzung Pharmacology PDF: 🙂
- The latest edition of Katzung Pharmacology includes a new chapter on Pharmacogenomics offering very important examples.
- This book is more clinically oriented thus offering patient-centered information i.e use of drugs, drugs of choice, adverse effects etc.
- Colorful throughout including 400 high-definition illustrations.
- To further your knowledge into clinics, this book offers additional case students and clinical problems so that you can catch a glimpse of practical use of drugs.
- This edition also includes many of the latest drugs and data pertaining to their use.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of content (divided into 10 sections) presented inside the Katzung Pharmacology PDF (Basic and Clinical Pharmacology):
1. BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Introduction: The Nature of Drugs & Drug Development & Regulation
- Drug Receptors & Pharmacodynamics
- Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics: Rational Dosing & the Time Course of Drug Action
- Drug Biotransformation
2. AUTONOMIC DRUGS
- Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
- Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs
- Cholinoceptor-Blocking Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Agonists & Sympathomimetic Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Antagonist Drugs
3. CARDIOVASCULAR-RENAL DRUGS
- Antihypertensive Agents
- Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris
- Drugs Used in Heart Failure
- Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Diuretic Agents
Other Chapters include the following:
4. Drugs With Important Actions on Smooth Muscles
5. Drugs That Act in the Central Nervous System
6. Drugs Used to Treat Diseases of the Blood, Inflammation, and Gout
7. Endocrine Drugs
8. Chemotherapeutic Drugs
10. Special Topics
Alright, that’s all for an introduction. 🙂
Now before jumping to the free PDF download of Katzung Pharmacology PDF, check out our most popular blog posts related to Pharmacology: 🙂
*RECOMMENDED PHARMACOLOGY ARTICLES*
Katzung Pharmacology PDF Free Download
In this part of the article, you will be able to download Katzung Pharmacology PDF absolutely for free using our direct links (mentioned at the end of this article). We have uploaded this book to our online repository so that you can its .pdf file without any problem.
FILE SIZE: 101 MB for 13th Edition & 18 MB for 12 the Edition
Please use the links mentioned below to download Katzung Pharmacology PDF (Basic and Clinical Pharmacology):
DOWNLOAD LINK #1
Good luck everyone! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.