In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂 Now before that we share the free PDF download of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF:
Clear, concise, and in full color, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is unrivaled in its ability to clarify the link between biochemistry and the molecular basis of disease. Combining outstanding full-color illustrations with integrated coverage of biochemical diseases and clinical information, Harper’s offers an organization and careful balance of detail and brevity not found in any other text on the subject.
Following two introductory chapters, the text is divided into six main sections:
Section I addresses the structures and functions of proteins and enzymes.
Section II explains how various cellular reactions utilize or release energy and traces the pathways by which carbohydrates and lipids are synthesized and degraded.
Section III covers the amino acids, their metabolic fates, certain features of protein catabolism, and the biochemistry of the porphyrins and bile pigments.
Section IV describes the structure and function of nucleotides and nucleic acids, DNA replication and repair, RNA synthesis and modification, protein synthesis, the principles of recombinant DNA technology, and new understanding of how gene expression is regulated. Section V deals with aspects of extracellular and intracellular communication.
Section VI includes fifteen special topics, ranging from nutrition, digestion and absorption to the biochemistry of aging.
Features of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- New chapters on Aging, Cancer, and Clinical Chemistry
- Every chapter has been updated to reflect the latest advances in knowledge and technology
- Each chapter now begins with a statement of objectives, followed by a brief discussion of the biomedical importance of topics discussed within the chapter
- 250 multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge and comprehension
- Increased number of tables that encapsulate important information, such as vitamin and mineral requirements
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF:
Section I: Structures and Functions of Proteins and Enzymes
I. Biochemistry & Medicine
2. Water & pH 7
3. Amino Acids & Peptides
4. Proteins: Determination of Primary Structure
5. Proteins: Higher Orders of Structure
6. Proteins: Myoglobin & hemoglobin
7. Enzymes: Mechanism of Action
B. Enzymes: Kinetics
9. Enzymes: regulation of Activities
10 Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Section II: Bioenergetics and the Metabolism of Carbohydrates and Lipids
11. Bioenergelics: The Role of ATP
12, Biologic Oxidation
14. Carbohydrates of Physiologic Significance
15. Lipids of Physiologic Significance
16. Overview of Metabolism & the Provision of Metabolic Fuels
17. The Citric Acid Cycle: The Catabolism of Acetyl-CoA
18. Glycolysis & the Oxidation of Pyruvate
19. Metabolism of Glycogen
20. Gluconeogenesis & the Control of Blood Glucose
21. The Pentose Phosphate Pathway & Other Pathways of hexose Metabolism
22. Oxidation of Fatty Acids Ketogenesis
23. Biosynthesis of Fatly Acids & Eicosanoids
24. Metabolism of Acylglycerols & Sphingolipids
25. Lipid Transport & Storage
26. Cholesterol Synthesis. Transport, & Excretion
Section III: Metabolism of Proteins and Amino Acids
27. Biosynthesis of the Nutritionally Nonessential Amino Acids
28 Catabolism of Proteins & of Amino Acid Nitrogen
29 Catabolism of the Carbon Skeletons of Amino Acids
30 Conversion of Amino Acids to Specialized Products
31 Porphyrins & Bile Pigments
Section IV: Structure. Function and Replication of Informational Macromolecules
33. Metabolism of Purine & Pyrimidine Nucleotides
34. Nucleic Acid Structure & Function
35. DNA Organization. Replication, & Repair
36. RNA Synthesis, Processing. & Modification
37. Protein Synthesis & the Genetic Code
38. Regulation of Gene Expression
39. Molecular Genetics. Recombinant DNA, & Genornic Technology
Section V: Biochemistry of Extracellular and Intracellular Communication
40. Membranes: Structure & Function
41. The diversity of the Endocrine System
42. Norman° Action & Signal Transduction
Section VI: Special Topics (will highlight the 16 cases)
43. Nutrition, Digestion & Absorption
44. Micronutrients: Vitamins & Minerals
45 Free Radicals and Antioxidant Nutrients
46 Intracellular Traffic & Sorting of Proteins
48. The Extracellular Matrix
49. Muscle & the Cyloskeleton
50. Plasma Proteins & Immunoglobulins
51. Haemostasis & Thrombosis
52 Red & White Blood Cells
53 Metabolism of Xenotkotics
54 The Biochemistry of Aging
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Lippincott Biochemistry Flash Cards PDF Free Download
Below are the technical specifications of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF:
- ASIN : 007176576X
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill Medical; 29th edition (February 28, 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 818 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0071792775
- ISBN-13 : 978-0071792776
- Item Weight : 3.54 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.8 x 1 x 10.9 inches
Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 90 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry (Lange Medical Book) 29th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not host/store any copyrighted content on our website, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Please check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately, the said content will be PERMANENTLY removed within 24 hours.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests or use our Contact Us page.
Check out our DMCA Policy.