In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF:
The emphasis of this lab manual is on the basic principles of diagnostic microbiology for students preparing to enter an allied health field. Students are led through a series of exercises that allow them to learn basic microbiology techniques and to practice safety in the laboratory and hospital environment. It remains oriented primarily toward meeting the interests and needs of those who will be directly involved in patient care and who wish to learn how microbiological principles should be applied in the practice of their professions. The authors have emphasized the purposes and function of the clinical microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
The exercises illustrate as simply as possible the nature of laboratory procedures used for isolation and identification of infectious agents as well as the principles of asepsis disinfection and sterilization. Attention is given to the role of the health professional in regard to appropriate collection of clinical specimens and the applications of aseptic and disinfectant techniques as they relate to patient care.
Features of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- All figures and color plates have been carefully reviewed and changes made when necessary.
- The special stains exercise has been replaced with a brief discussion of capsules, flagella, and endospores to orient the student to these bacterial structures.
- Rather than having students prepare culture media, the media are prepared beforehand by the instructor. However, the students learn how to dispense them aseptically into Petri dishes or in tubes for sterilization.
- The pour-plate technique has been deleted because it is seldom used in clinical practice.
- Conditions of pressure, temperature, and time currently used for steam pressure sterilization in most hospitals have been updated.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF:
1. The Microscope
2. Handling and Examining Cultures
3. Simple Stains, Hanging Drop, and Wet-Mount Preparations
4. Gram Stain
5. Acid-Fast Stain
6. Culture Media
7. Streaking Technique to Obtain Pure Cultures
8. Subculture Techniques
9. Moist and Dry Heat
10. The Autoclave
12. Antimicrobial Agent Susceptibility Testing and Resistance
13. Primary Media for Isolation of Microorganisms
14. Some Metabolic Activities of Bacteria
15. Activities of Bacterial Enzymes
16. Antigen Immunoassays for Detection and Identification of Microorganisms
17. Principles of Nucleic Acid Assays for Multiplex Syndrome Panel Testing for the Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
18. Principles and Applications of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for the Rapid Identification of Bacteria and Fungi
20. Streptococci, Pneumococci, and Enterococci
21. Haemophilus, Corynebacteria, and Bordetella
22. Clinical Specimens from the Respiratory Tract
23. The Enterobacteriaceae (Enteric Bacilli) and Other Clinically Important Gram-Negative Bacilli
24. Clinical Specimens from the Intestinal Tract
25. Urine Culture Techniques
26. Neisseria and Spirochetes
27. Clinical Specimens from Blood
28. Anaerobic Bacteria
30. Mycoplasmas, Rickettsiae, Chlamydiae, Viruses, and Prions
31. Fungi: Yeasts and Molds
32. Protozoa and Animal Parasites
33. Serodiagnosis of Infectious Disease
34. Principles and Practices of Infection Prevention
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Pocket Guide to Clinical Microbiology 4th Edition PDF Free Download
Below are the technical specifications of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF:
- Unknown Binding: 282 pages
- Publisher: Wm. C. Brown Pub; 3rd edition (1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0697115313
- ISBN-13: 978-0697115317
Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 11 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.