In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF:
Emergency Care, Twelfth Edition, has set the standard for EMT training for over 30 years. Updated with the latest research and developments in emergency medical services, this edition meets the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC, providing all the practical information students need to succeed in the classroom and in the field. Using the National EMS Education Standards as a foundation, this edition goes beyond the Standards to provide the most current, accurate reflection of EMS practice today. Getting students to think like an EMT, the text integrates scientific principles in a way that’s easy to understand, and a host of critical thinking features–including a new chapter, “Critical Thinking and Decision Making,”–helps students learn key concepts while getting a dose of the reality of being an EMT.
Features of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Point of View photos and stories capture the patient’s perspective and recounts experiences of EMS care from the patient’s point of view.
- Critical Decision Making exercises appear throughout the text. This scenario-based feature helps students learn how to make patient-care decisions while at the scene.
- Dot Objectives are listed and follow the DOT numbering system. Each chapter lists the US DOT objectives along with page references that make it easy to see where the objectives are covered.
- Patient Assessment and Care describes the assessment and treatment for particular types of patients, disorders, or injuries. They include important signs and symptoms, as well as key steps of care.
- Scans summarize step-by-step procedures using easy-to-reference illustrations. Medication Scans provide information needed to help administer medications. Procedure Scans list and describe how to perform particular procedures.
- FYI sections broaden students’ understanding of individual topics. These sections provide material that goes beyond the DOT objectives.
- Street Scenes place book knowledge within the context of real-life calls. Questions within this feature prompt readers to test their knowledge using realistic situations.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF:
Section 1 – Foundations
Introduction to Emergency Medical Services and the Health Care System
- The Well-being of the EMT
- Lifting and Moving Patients
- Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Pathophysiology
- Life Span Development
Section 2 – Airway Management, Respiration, and Artificial Ventilation
- Airway Management
- Respiration and Artificial Ventilation
Section 3 – Patient Assessment
- Scene Size-up
- The Primary Assessment
- Vital Signs and Monitoring Devices
- Assessment of the Trauma Patient (includes history-taking specific to the trauma patient)
- Assessment of the Medical Patient (includes history-taking specific to the medical patient)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Communication and Documentation
Section 4 – Medical Emergencies
- General Pharmacology
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Diabetic Emergencies and Altered Mental Status
- Allergic Reaction
- Poisoning and Overdose Emergencies
- Abdominal Emergencies
- Behavioral and Psychiatric Emergencies and Suicide
- Hematologic and Renal Emergencies
Section 5 – Trauma Emergencies
- Bleeding and Shock
- Soft Tissue Trauma
- Chest and Abdominal Trauma
- Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Trauma to the Head, Neck, and Spine
- Multisystem Trauma
- Environmental Emergencies
Section 6 – Special Populations
- Obstetric and Gynecologic Emergencies
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Geriatric Emergencies
- Emergencies for Patients with Special Challenges
Section 7 – Operations
- EMS Operations
- Hazardous Materials, Multiple-Casualty Incidents, and Incident Management
- Highway Safety and Vehicle Extrication
- EMS Response to Terrorism
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Review
- Medical Terminology
- Answer Key
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Emergency Medical Responder: First Responder in Action 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Below are the technical specifications of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF:
- Series: Emergency Care
- Hardcover: 1328 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 12 edition (June 3, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132375338
- ISBN-13: 978-0132375337
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 1.9 x 11.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6 pounds
Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 78 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Emergency Care 12th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.