In this article, we are sharing with our audience the genuine PDF download of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF using direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user-safety and faster downloads, we have uploaded this .pdf file to our online cloud repository so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Republic, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our readers. We hope that you people benefit from our blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF:
A conceptual framework for understanding the world of biology; Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections continues to introduce pedagogical innovations, which motivate students not only to learn, but also engage with biology. This bestselling textbook is designed to help students stay focused with its hallmark modular organization around central concepts and engages students in connections between concepts and the world outside of the classroom with Scientific Thinking, Evolution Connection and Connection essays in every chapter. The 9th Edition offers students a framework organized around fundamental biological themes and encourages them to analyze visual representations of data with new Visualizing the Data figures. A reorganized Chapter One emphasizes the process of science and scientific reasoning, and robust instructor resources and multimedia allow students to engage with biological concepts in a memorable way. Unparalleled resources let instructors develop active and high-interest lectures with ease.
The book and Mastering™ Biology work together to help students practice making these connections throughout their text.
Mastering Biology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced activities that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback to emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, many of them created by the Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connection author, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. New Mastering Biology activities for this edition include “Key Topic Overview” videos that help students efficiently review key topics outside of class, “Evaluating Science in the Media” activities that help students to build science literacy skills, and more “Visualizing the Concept” animated videos help students further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
Pearson eText allows educators to easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. Portable access lets students study on the go, even offline. And, reading analytics offer insight into how students use the eText, helping educators tailor their instruction.
Features of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- A flexible modular format organized around central concepts paces student learning into manageable chunks and allows your syllabus to drive the course.
- The Big Ideas at the start of each chapter serve as a roadmap to students by highlighting the overarching set of concepts that each chapter is built upon.
- Numbered Central Concept Headings at the beginning of each module help students stay focused as they study.
- Try This activities are active learning prompts that coach students to interact with the figures in their text to build understanding. New questions in Learning Catalytics allow instructors to turn these into in-class activities.
- End-of-module Concept Check questions allow students to self-check their understanding along the way.
- NEW! A focus on the five major themes in biology is inspired by the Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education report. These themes—Evolution, Organization, Information, Energy and Matter, and Interactions—are introduced in Chapter One and examples are highlighted throughout the text to illustrate applications of these themes in all chapters.
- UPDATED! Visualizing the Concept Modules visually walk students through tough topics.
- There are 8 new modules of this type in the 9th Edition. Videos accompanying a select set of Visualizing the Concept modules are assignable in Mastering Biology.
- NEW! Career photo essays at the start of each unit highlight connections between chapter contents and careers that relate to an undergraduate general biology course.
- This new feature is designed to demonstrate to students the vast array of career opportunities available to STEM students.
- High Interest Questions at the start of each chapter are designed to draw students in and spark curiosity about the chapter content. As the chapter unfolds, questions are further explored in Scientific Thinking or Evolution Connection Modules.
- Connection Modules in every chapter relate biology to students’ lives and the world outside the classroom. Each Connection Module shows students how the course material connects to a wide variety of issues.
- Evolution Connection Modules present concrete examples of the evidence for evolution within each chapter, providing a coherent theme for the study of life.
About the Authors
Martha R. Taylor has been teaching biology for more than 35 years. She earned her B.A. in biology from Gettysburg College and her M.S. and Ph.D. in science education from Cornell University. At Cornell, Dr. Taylor has served as assistant director of the Office of Instructional Support and has taught introductory biology for both majors and nonmajors. Most recently, she was a lecturer in the Learning Strategies Center, teaching supplemental biology courses. Her experience working with students in classrooms, in laboratories, and with tutorials has increased her commitment to helping students create their own knowledge of and appreciation for biology. She was the author of the Student Study Guide for ten editions of Campbell Biology.
Eric J. Simon is a professor in the Department of Biology and Health Science at New England College in Henniker, New Hampshire. He teaches introductory biology to science majors and nonscience majors, as well as upper-level courses in tropical marine biology and careers in science. Dr. Simon received a B.A. in biology and computer science and an M.A. in biology from Wesleyan University, and a Ph.D. in biochemistry from Harvard University. His research focuses on innovative ways to use technology to improve teaching and learning in the science classroom. Dr. Simon also leads numerous international student field research trips and is a Scientific Advisor to the Elephant Conservation Center in Sayaboury, Laos. Dr. Simon is the lead author of the introductory nonmajors biology textbooks Campbell Essential Biology, Sixth Edition, and Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology, Fifth Edition, and the author of the introductory biology textbook Biology: The Core, Second Edition.
Jean L. Dickey is Professor Emerita of Biological Sciences at Clemson University (Clemson, South Carolina). After receiving her B.S. in biology from Kent State University, she went on to earn a Ph.D. in ecology and evolution from Purdue University. In 1984, Dr. Dickey joined the faculty at Clemson, where she devoted her career to teaching biology to nonscience majors in a variety of courses. In addition to creating content-based instructional materials, she developed many activities to engage lecture and laboratory students in discussion, critical thinking, and writing, and implemented an investigative laboratory curriculum in general biology. Dr. Dickey is author of
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF:
I. Biology: Exploring Life
1. THE LIFE OF THE CELL
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. The Molecules of Cells
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
II. CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS
8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. Molecular Biology of the Gene
11. How Genes Are Controlled
12. DNA Technology and Genomics
III. CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION
13. How Populations Evolve
14. The Origin of Species
15. Tracing Evolutionary History
IV. THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
16. Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists
17. The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity
18. The Evolution of Invertebrate Diversity
19. The Evolution of Vertebrate Diversity
V. ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION
20. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
21. Nutrition and Digestion
22. Gas Exchange
24. The Immune System
25. Control of Body Temperature and Water Balance
26. Hormones and the Endocrine System
27. Reproduction and Embryonic Development
28. Nervous Systems
29. The Senses
30. How Animals Move
VI. PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION
31. Plant Structure, Growth, and Reproduction
32. Plant Nutrition and Transport
33. Control Systems in Plants
34. The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth’s Diverse Environments
35. Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment
36. Population Ecology
37. Communities and Ecosystems
38. Conservation Biology
Appendix 1 Metric Conversion Table
Appendix 2 The Periodic Table
Appendix 3 The Amino Acids of Proteins
Appendix 4 Chapter Review Answers
Appendix 5 Credits
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF:
- Hardcover: 928 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 9 edition (January 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 013429601X
- ISBN-13: 978-0134296012
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 1.3 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.1 pounds
Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 108 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections 9th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos on the Medicos Republic are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to madxperts [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.